Black Mountain, NC is a hub of outdoor adventure, arts, and culture. The area offers a wealth of attractions and activities, from scenic hikes and waterfalls to art galleries and music festivals. In this guide, we'll take you through some of the best things to see and do in Black Mountain and help you plan your perfect trip to this hidden gem in the Blue Ridge Mountains.
Black Mountain, NC is surrounded by the stunning natural beauty of the Blue Ridge Mountains, making it the perfect destination for outdoor enthusiasts. From hiking and biking to fishing and kayaking, there's no shortage of outdoor adventures to be had in the area.
Hiking and Waterfalls
- Hike the trails at Montreat Conference Center, which offers a variety of trails for hikers of all skill levels.
- Visit Catawba Falls, a stunning waterfall located just a short drive from Black Mountain.
- Take a guided tour of the area's many waterfalls, including High Falls and Triple Falls.
- Go on a scenic drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway to see some of the best views in the area.
Fishing and Kayaking
- Take a guided fishing tour of nearby Lake Lure, which is known for its large population of smallmouth bass and other fish species.
- Kayak or paddleboard on Lake Tomahawk, which offers stunning views of the surrounding mountains.
- Go whitewater rafting on the nearby Nantahala River, which offers a variety of rapids for all skill levels.
Arts and Culture
Black Mountain, NC has a thriving arts and culture scene, with a variety of galleries, museums, and music festivals to explore.
Art Galleries and Museums
- Visit the Black Mountain Center for the Arts, which features a variety of exhibitions, workshops, and performances throughout the year.
- Explore the exhibits at the Swannanoa Valley Museum, which showcases the history and culture of the area.
- Discover local art at one of the many galleries in downtown Black Mountain, including Seven Sisters Gallery and Red House Studios and Gallery.
- Attend the LEAF Festival, a bi-annual music and arts festival that features live music, workshops, and performances.
- Check out the Old Depot Summer Music Series, which offers free concerts in the park throughout the summer months.
- Listen to live music at the White Horse Black Mountain, a popular music venue that features local and national acts.
Black Mountain, NC offers a wealth of outdoor adventures, arts, and culture. Whether you're interested in hiking, fishing, art, or music, there's something for everyone in this charming mountain town. Plan your trip to Black Mountain and discover all that this hidden gem in the Blue Ridge Mountains has to offer.